Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Ebay, Here I Am

I used to think I was the only living, breathing person with an Internet connection who has never sold anything on Ebay.

Today, this has changed. I finally decided to take action and sell my Compaq laptop on Ebay. I got the new MacBook, with which I am more than happy, so instead of keeping that unused Compaq around I decided to try to place my trust in the free yet imperfect market mechanism to allocate my laptop to its most economically efficient place.

You can see the auction in all its glory here. I feel hopelessly amateurish compared to the other laptop sellers on Ebay, but I hope somebody likes the laptop, likes the price and trusts that I'm not a scumbag enough to buy it.

I know this technology-enabled seller meets buyer story is quite thrilling, so I'll keep you posted on how this high action drama plays out.

No comments: