Monday, February 12, 2007

Introducing... The ErlyWeb Logo!

My plea for help in the graphics design department in the making of an ErlyWeb logo has yielded a few candidates, and although I sincerely appreciate the efforts of the people who made them, and they gave me some good ideas, none of them has truly captured my fancy. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands and finally create a real logo for ErlyWeb.

Without further ado, I hereby present ErlyWeb's shiny new logo:





(This is the big version. A small version is on http://erlyweb.org.)

This logo is inspired by Erlang, Big Sur and Lisa Simpson.

(When I wrote that my graphic design skills were non-existent, you didn't think it really meant there was a Picasso inside me trying to break out, did you? :-) )

5 comments:

Ivan said...

Put it in http://erlyweb.org/favicon.ico :)

SamFeltus said...

A nice logo.

Sunny and happy is good.

Kristian Dupont said...

That's Lisa Simpson staring at the Erlang logo! Cool :)

Frankie said...

You neglected to make your plea in the one arena that allows you the most flexibility in waging a tireless campaign of designer abuse: college buddies. Nevertheless, the back of Lisa Simpson's head will do fine. And what a massive back of the head it is.

Get in touch, and really, this truly beats that animated spider crawling over a tree thing from once upon a RU CS class.

Joe Armstrong said...

looks like crap