Thursday, May 25, 2006

Got a MacBook!

I just got a shiny new MacBook at the Apple store in Soho... it is sweet! I knew I wanted to get one as soon as it came out. At first I had some reservations about the glossy screen, but when I looked at it side by side against the MacBook Pro's screen, I realized that the glossy screen actually looks much crisper and brighter and its reflectivity is not an issue unless there's a bright light source right behind you.

Before I got the MacBook, I made sure to order a bigger hard drive and 2 GB of RAM. I knew I would need the upgrades and unless you're rich or just a sucker you shouldn't buy it at the Apple store. I got the cheapest MacBook available for $1099 because I knew I would get the upgrades from NewEgg anyway, and I really don't care about 166 MHz difference or the black shell of the more expensive MacBooks.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to install any of my upgrades yet because I don't have a tiny enough screwdriver to remove the metal piece covering the expansion slots in the back. So much for the promise of easy upgrades -- upgrading the Powerbook's RAM was much easier

The antenna is excellent. The MacBook picks up my wireless network from a much greater range.

I haven't run any serious performance tests yet but the MacBook definitely feels snappy, and that's without any upgrades.

1 comment:

Daily Yeah said...

MacBook is very attractive. I think Mac OS is critical compare with windows.